Friday, March 27, 2015

Connections





I recently joined a new blogroll.  I thought about it for a long time - whether or not I was going to request to be added.  You see, it’s an IVF group.  Don’t recognize the acronym?  It stands for invitro fertilization.

So, you may ask, how do I fit in to the IVF community?  I’ve really struggled with how to explain it, but here goes….

For those who IVF and other fertility treatments don’t work, adoption is often one of the last routes to becoming a parent, so my connection to the community is as a birth mother.  But, when it comes right down to it, I feel my fit has more to do with our shared sense of loss.  I feel an affinity for those who have experienced the devastation of miscarriage and child loss, often more than once, and the final realization that they are not able, for whatever reason, to become a biological parent.

As I’ve been reading other bloggers in this blogroll, it sometimes feels as though they’ve looked right into my heart and are writing on my behalf.  Our shared sorrows and struggles on a day to day basis; our feelings of inadequacy, fears of rejection, our lack of focus.  I hear my voice in the words they share, so I asked to join.  

It offers a sense of ease within the unease...

No comments:

Post a Comment